Gifts From Your Retirement Plan — Estate Distributions
How It Works
- Name Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc., as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified plan.
- Designate us to receive all or a portion of the balance of your plan through your plan administrator.
- The balance in your plan passes to Planned Parenthood after your death.
- Avoid the double taxation your retirement savings would incur if you designated your heir(s) as beneficiary(ies).
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- You can revoke us as a beneficiary if your needs change.
Next: Tell me more...
Please contact us so that we can assist you through every step of the process.
Questions and Answers
Simply contact your IRA or retirement plan administrator and request a copy of the Change of Beneficiary Form. You can fill this in as you wish and include Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc., for a portion or all of the remainder of your plan’s assets.
For gifts at death, any portion of your retirement plan assets that are given to a qualified charity will also qualify for income tax, inheritance tax, and federal and state estate tax deductions as applicable to the size of your estate and your state of domicile. Any assets coming out of your plan to your heirs may be subject to all of the taxes mentioned above.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
Office of Gift Planning
123 William Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10038